Results from Graduation pen I asked opinions on

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 65GTMustang

65GTMustang

I had a posting about two weeks ago asking for ideas and opinions concerning a pen for a young ladies graduation gift.
The request was for a pen with some type of
Grey Burl
& Turquoise inlay initials
The Burl Box was to have the
School name & logo
Her name
and Graduation date.

They also wanted me to fill the Univ logo with Turquoise.

So here are the pics.

She absolutely loved pen
Her favorite stone is Turquoise (set in silver - so I used the Rho and Blk TI Majestic Jr.)

When I had the initials laser engraved on the pen, they did not go deep enough to do inlay work - They only took 2 passes, which you could barely see against the Grey and Blacks in the dyed burl anyway. Using my 500,000 rpm carving tool, I took my shaky hand to the almost finished barrel to get deeper cuts on the intials - I was impressed with myself - If you knew how badly my hands shake you might be impressed also. lol

It is a Majestic Jr. Rho & Blk Ti
Stabilized Black Boxelder Burl
I took the S. Crystal out and replaced it with a Faceted Garnet
The box is one of the Burled boxes from Timber bits
The pen has a CA finish

Any and all comments welcome and encouraged.

Thanks
Kevin

CLF PEN OPEN 2.jpg

CLF INLAY 2.jpg

CLF IN BOX .jpg

CLF BOX ENGRAVED AND TURQUOISE INLAY.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Kevin, You planned and executed that pen as well as presentation with CLASS!!! That will be a treasured pen and keepsake! Great job. Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc

RichB

That is an outstanding pen and I am sure she will like it!! I have to say something about your presentation plaque. I live just 2 miles from Grand Valley State University, I hope she enjoyed her education here in Michigan.

wiset1

Now that's an impressive undertaking! The final presentation looks amazing...well done.

PenPal

Kevin,

Result acheived, received as it deserved to be quite adventurous, housed with discretion, submitted with humility. Your excellent pen acheived all you set out to do that is just reward.

Kind regards Peter.

MarkD

Outstanding pen and presentation. I love the initials in the pen. An excellent gift!

Top Bottom