Results of Custom Cast Alumilite pen blanks for a Kitless Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JPMcConnel

JPMcConnel

I love working with alumilite for kitless pens because it can be turned consistently and threads well. It has a polishing protocol that once mastered gives excellent results. Alumilite can also be cast in as many colors as you have imagination to try. I have been working with Bob Dupras to come up with a particular color combination in alumilite that emphasizes pale blue and bright copper. Key to this effort is to have large areas of nice pale blue to emphasize contrast with the copper. I think the result has come out rather nice.

Attachments

• CopperBluV2LR.jpg
    CopperBluV2LR.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 1,016
  • CopperBluV6LR.jpg
    CopperBluV6LR.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 1,577
  • CopperBluV8LR.jpg
    CopperBluV8LR.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 352
  • CopperBluV10LR.jpg
    CopperBluV10LR.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 411
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

This was a really fun blank project for me. Pat is great to work with on color selection. This pen came about because I sent him some PR experimental blanks I had done a while back. We talked about a few tweaks to the colors, and this pen was the result. I really like the use of the dark blue accents on the finial and ring at the end of the section.

Pat told me that for some reason the colors in the posted pictures weren't the same as when he sent them to me. And I think he's right. These pictures are a little closer to the actual colors. I did nothing to touch them up.

The 1st picture shows the pen next to the PR blank I sent him. The PR blank is unturned, so the colors are not as defined. It has a touch of silver that we didn't use in the alumilite.

Here is another picture that Pat shows in the 1st post. I just put it in to show the color difference.

Janster

This was a really fun blank project for me. Pat is great to work with on color selection. This pen came about because I sent him some PR experimental blanks I had done a while back. We talked about a few tweaks to the colors, and this pen was the result. I really like the use of the dark blue accents on the finial and ring at the end of the section.

Pat told me that for some reason the colors in the posted pictures weren't the same as when he sent them to me. And I think he's right. These pictures are a little closer to the actual colors. I did nothing to touch them up.

The 1st picture shows the pen next to the PR blank I sent him. The PR blank is unturned, so the colors are not as defined. It has a touch of silver that we didn't use in the alumilite.

Here is another picture that Pat shows in the 1st post. I just put it in to show the color difference.
..I actually like his first photos better and IF the "Pale Blue" was a Bright White I really believe that would put it out in Never Never land as far as OUTSTANDING! Very nice work by both parties! Well done.....Jan

Top Bottom