Restoration of Vintage Pelikan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jtate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtate

DSCN0177copy.jpg

This is a Pelikan 100N (I think from the early 1930's) which had a crack from the lip of the pen about halfway to the threads. I got the pen on a commission to make a new "binde" for it. That's the colored skin on the barrel. In inspecting it I found the crack. The owner asked me to go ahead and do my best on it so here it is. I turned a tennon on the section (that's what you call the front part that holds the nib) and used a piece of black acrylic to turn a collar to slide onto that tennon. WIth a snug fit and two-part epoxy, it sealed that crack. I put it back on the lathe and turned the collar down to traditional fountain pen section dimensions. I removed the old binde and made this one from red marbled acrylic. The body of the pen is stained black internally so you see that threough the binde. I also colored the inside of the acrylic tube (with a Black Sharpie) to keep any bubbles in the epoxy from showing.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d111/juliatate/DSCN0177copy.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
The work of a true craftsman!er
Craftslady
Er...
you know what I mean!
HAve you done any other restorations or make overs?
I have been toying with the idea of doing that.

jtate

Thanks for the comments

Further pictures of the pen's progression are in the Pentrace.net thread right now. It's on the message board http://pentrace.net/mboard.htm about five messages down.

I've done quite a bit of restoration although I'm only now getting into the body work. Before this it's all been repair/retoration to the inner workings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom