Restoration Job

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mr

IPD_Mr

As many of you know Linda and I have been doing a bit of vintage pen work. For us the fun part is taking something old and cruddy that most people would throw away and making it nice looking and useful. With each new pen we learn a little something. With this pen we wanted to learn how to safely clean stained pens. We were given a product to try and it was not meant for this purpose at all. It did pretty good on plastic and did not remove the plating on the lever. Next is to see if this will do well with celluloid and hard rubber.

This is a no-name more or less junk pen. Now it will bring about $35 if Linda decides to sell it, which I seriously doubt. The word hoarder comes to mind with Linda and pens.
Linda did about 95% of the work. This was all done with a Bounty paper towel. No buffing and no chance of me melting another pen. :redface:

Before:
greenbefore1.jpg
greenbefore2.jpg

And after:

greenafter.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

WOW!
Is that thing on the bottom barrel a "lever fill" or a LIGHT SWITCH? The difference is night and day! BEAUTIFUL RESTORE!!!!!

Last edited:

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
LOL If you had used a VIVA paper towel you would have probably gotten all the stain off quicker! :biggrin: Nice work. That seems like it would be a lot of fun.

lorbay

As many of you know Linda and I have been doing a bit of vintage pen work. For us the fun part is taking something old and cruddy that most people would throw away and making it nice looking and useful. With each new pen we learn a little something. With this pen we wanted to learn how to safely clean stained pens. We were given a product to try and it was not meant for this purpose at all. It did pretty good on plastic and did not remove the plating on the lever. Next is to see if this will do well with celluloid and hard rubber.

This is a no-name more or less junk pen. Now it will bring about $35 if Linda decides to sell it, which I seriously doubt. The word hoarder comes to mind with Linda and pens.
Linda did about 95% of the work. This was all done with a Bounty paper towel. No buffing and no chance of me melting another pen. :redface:

Before:
greenbefore1.jpg
greenbefore2.jpg

And after:

greenafter.jpg

So Mike after our PM are you telling me on the last picture that the nib is screwed into the front section??

Lin.

IPD_Mr

So Mike after our PM are you telling me on the last picture that the nib is screwed into the front section??

Lin.

No Lin. On this vintage pen the section is a press fit into the body and the feed and nib are a press fit into the section.

Top Bottom