Resin Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

Alright the heat has broken and I am back in the shop. It is a gentlemens pen made from 2 Berea resins.

20068135722_BlueGentOpen1.jpg

20068135743_BLueGentClosed1.jpg

I think it turned out good but not crazy about it. My problems with it is I think the black band on the top of the body could have been a little thiner and the end of the body where the black resin is could have tapered a little more.
It was supposed to have silver accent pieces between the two resins but I forgot to scuff the silver and the epoxy did not hold so I just reglued it with out it. I think it would have made a big diference. I have one in green resin with aluminum accents glues up in the garage right now.
Comments and critiques are appreciated. Tell me what you dont like before I turn the other one[B)].

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Nice work as usual Mike. I would think it would be better with one of the Rhodium (or Platinum) Gents kits, but that is subjective. Thanks for sharing.

Fangar

SteveRoberts

Nice pen Mike,very classic lines.

I tried and gave up on the closed ends for commerical reasons but still appreciate them personally. Where did you get the chuck for the gent? And yes, my shop is HOT too. The North side of the valley isn't much different.

Steve

alamocdc

I like it, Mike. And the custom black finial adds a nice touch. Like the others, I've found that blues usually tend to look better with silver colored platings.

thewishman

Mike, the color changes look nice and subtle in the picture, that makes it look classy to me. If you are using aluminum to accent the color changes, a silver colored plating might pull the look together.

I like the way it turned out, just gon't tell anyone about the plan that didn't work and they will be impressed with the pen.

Chris

bjackman

Mike,
I like the size and form of the cap finial a lot. To me it "just fits" with the cap and clip.
I think the black band on the nib end of the body looks good...as long as the cap isn't anywhere near the pen. [;)] Doesn't really look "bad" just a little too busy there in the middle with the stock CB and the black competing for your attention. I think it would have worked perfectly if you had been able to omit or recess the CB into the cap tube, (like you have done on some of your other pens.)
I agree the other end could have used a little more taper, but slight variations in shape like that are such a matter of individual taste that someone is sure to love it as it is.

vick

Thanks for the comment everyone. I was actually going to use a platinum kit like many of you suggested, but I only had one left and wanted to save it for when I did one with the silver accents.
Bill J - You cracked me up that is the exact way I feal about the black band on top. Maybe I should have made it a desk pen[;)]. What you described is exactly what I had planned kill the centerband and replace it with the black resin. Basically the same as the snap caps I was making but with silver accents between the resin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom