Resent Offering from the my Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Grizz

Grizz

Banned
Finally, got a picture of the newest pen off the lathe. My favorite wood to make a pen out of: Spalted Curly Mango. The style is Jr. Statesman II. This stuff is so hard to find, the last time I was able to get a few pieces of it was 3 years ago.

Attachments

• Curly Spalted Mango4.jpg
    Curly Spalted Mango4.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 506
  • Curly Spalted Mango3.jpg
    Curly Spalted Mango3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 310
  • Curly Spalted Mango.jpg
    Curly Spalted Mango.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 457
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

WOW, Jon, that wood is so full of movement it almost gives me motion sickness just looking at it. That is one gorgeous pen. Now I understand why you like it so much.
Charles

Old Lar

That is one nice pen. That is beautiful wood. I think that spalted curly mango may become a bit more scarce after showing that one off.

Grizz

Banned
That wood is awesome! The pen looks fantastic. Great choice, good work.
I have to look for some spalted curly mango right now!

As someone (nameless) on this forum told me when trying to aquire... "Great wood doesn't grow on tree's, you know."

mrburls

So Jon, I see you got around to using some of those great looking blanks. The curl and spalting looks awesome, you did a great job turning.

Keith "mrburls"

Woodlvr

Beautiful pen Jon. I have one Golden Spalted Curly Mango left and cannot decide what kit that I want to use it on. Those are definitely beautiful blanks.

h0race

Thanks for feeding my addiction.... I will go to Rockler or Shopsmith tomorrow and look for this material.

alfa189

WOW. That wood is amazing. It inspired me to (instantly) find and buy some. For those of you interested, I found it on ebay for about $5 a blank. The guy has about 10 listed...well, 7 now since I just bought 3:RockOn:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mango-Spalt...188?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c4c7e1bc

Just so you know, that's not Spalted Curly Mango.

Crap, you're right:frown: I'll turn em anyway and see how they turn out. Thanks for pointing it out...I didn't even notice.

Top Bottom