repost of my first wood CB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

I know that the photography is not much better than the scan pic, but I tried. After a month and a half of turning pens, I figured it was time to try something different, here's what I came up with. Macasser ebony with padouk CB. Just a friction polish and wax finish.

200531214339_padaukcb1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I quite like it, Dave. I'm normally not a huge fan of lots of beads and coves, but these are small and very tastefully done. The padauk breaks the ebony up nicely.

Daniel

Yaowza, you sure did pack alot into that little pen. the combination of woods looks very good. for me the overall effect is a real eye catcher. I like it and I'm not a big bead and cove fan myself. but I am a huge fan of the slower rolling curves. very good job.

wicook

I tend to avoid the more extreme shapes with a preference for gentle curves. That being said, however, yours looks nice with just a bit of emphasis on the beads and coves.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Still not crazy about the paduk as pictured.
Perhaps in person the brown highlights in the ebony is enough to carry it off.
It definiately has a feminine look to it from my perspective.
If the beads and coves don't interfere with writing "comfort" someone is going to LOVE that pen.

JimGo

I agree with the general concensus, GREAT job! I guess I'm going to have to work on my spindle work: I can see that being very popular.

wayneis

Thats a beautifull pen Dave, I can tell that you put a lot of work into it. I can't believe that 115 individuals looked at this and only 15 people could take the time to comment. This is exactly what some of us have been talking about in another topic. Why would we want to share when most won't even take the time to to show any appreciation.

Wayne

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by wayneis
<br />Thats a beautifull pen Dave, I can tell that you put a lot of work into it. I can't believe that 115 individuals looked at this and only 15 people could take the time to comment. This is exactly what some of us have been talking about in another topic. Why would we want to share when most won't even take the time to to show any appreciation.

Wayne
You are wrong, Wayne. 115 views do not necessarily mean 115 different individuals. It means that someone, possibly just one person, called the post up 115 times. I've seen posts where there were 300-400 views yet there had only been 200 visitors since the topic was posted. Let's not stir up a hornet's nest over something which isn't even factual.

Woodnknots

Thanks for all of the great encouraging comments. I've only had my lathe for about a month and a half, and I have already had to literally FORCE myself to work on some of my furniture projects. This is an ADDICTIVE hobby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom