replacing nibs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sptfr43

Status
Not open for further replies.

sptfr43

could someone tell me, when you replace a nib with say one from Anthony, is there some type of adjustment to worry about? I've heard it has to be right or it won't write correctly. thanks

Hi Randy,

It's really simple, it screws into the nib holder(what ever you call it?). The hardware for the kit is simlpy a shell that you can screw the mounted nib into, just like changing a spark plug. I use my fingers to screw in the new nib assembly...works just fine.

I have bought a few from Anthony, they sell really well too!!

[8D]

PenWorks

Randy, as Jim said, the larger nibs for the Gents, Statesmen, Empero, Imperial & Lotus just screw out the old nib, feed & housing as an assembly & screw in the new assembly in the front section.

For the smaller one, just pull out the nib from the feed housing and insert the new nib. You just need to make sure the feed is in the middle of the nib and that the nib & feed are seated all the way back. You can practice taking your steel ones apart and put them back together, not hard at all.

Here is an old link to the parts

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=6707&SearchTerms=nib,disassembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom