repeat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fernhills

fernhills

This is a pen i have done a little while ago and retook pic on stand,(home made)It seems to help portray pen a lot better,now i have to work on lights,can`t seem to get plating to be true in color,wood is right color though.. Carl

2008123145326_Hpim0441.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DFM

You should set your exposure to overexpose about 1-2 stops. Your camera meter is trying to make your white background to the average light exposure (usually 17% grey). This is affecting your overall exposure of your subject. You can correct this by buying a grey card and metering off the card before you take your picture, or experimenting by bracketing your photos until you have the sweet spot for the lighting.

babyblues

Nice pen, I like it! How did you bend the acrylic for your stand? I have a sheet of 1/4" acrylic, but haven't settled on a technique to bend it yet.

fernhills

Originally posted by babyblues

Nice pen, I like it! How did you bend the acrylic for your stand? I have a sheet of 1/4" acrylic, but haven't settled on a technique to bend it yet.
I didn`t bend it,i was complaining to my wife that i needed a stand and i couldn`t find one,she said c`mon there`s gotta be something,i said no,every thing is to shiney,she went to the craft store and in photo section she found these acrylic picture stands about 6 7 Inches wide with a bend in them already,I sliced it up on band saw and i got about 4 out of it,kinda light weight but it works.Who woulda thought to look in photo section besides a women:)
Carl

Top Bottom