Repaired Curly Narra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I took the pen apart and stripped the finish off. I found some barely noticable scratches on the wood and removed those. I refinished it with 10 coats of CA and micromesh and then Ren. Wax. I'm a lot happier with it now.

Attachments

• IMG_2566.jpg
    IMG_2566.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 324
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

I took the pen apart and stripped the finish off. I found some barely noticable scratches on the wood and removed those. I refinished it with 10 coats of CA and micromesh and then Ren. Wax. I'm a lot happier with it now.
Glad you got that cleaned up.........almost embarassed to look at it before(as he rolls his' eyes)!

mick

Neil, great save! I know how you felt. I hate it when I get through and then find something like that after assembly.

GouletPens

good save....I have a pen right now that I need to strip and refinish.....having a hard time getting motivated to do that:tongue:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
good save....I have a pen right now that I need to strip and refinish.....having a hard time getting motivated to do that:tongue:
Brian, if the pen truly needs to be refinished, do what I do. Look at it over and over, then get mad that you did it, and fix the problem. It will make you happier in the long run. Perfection is just.............this far away.:)

GouletPens

Brian, if the pen truly needs to be refinished, do what I do. Look at it over and over, then get mad that you did it, and fix the problem. It will make you happier in the long run. Perfection is just.............this far away.:)
Yeah, this one is one of those ROYAL pain ones....I've tried repairing the finish twice and the problem keeps recurring for different reasons. It's the darned ca lifting on the ends....spare the lecture on the reasons why! I know why it happens and it very rarely happens with what I do, but for some reason this one is just beating the odds. Of course it's a special piece of wood my mother-in-law picked out....otherwise I would have tossed it in my "fix it someday" drawer and just made another one from scratch. Grrr!

Top Bottom