removed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from snowman56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rd_ab_penman

Hi Robert, Look like unique pieces. I would suggest, if I may that you take closer photos so we can see the detail better. Cool pens!
Les in Alberta
2007629184834_Alberta.gif
<br />
"What's YOUR Carbon Footprint?"

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
It wasn't a lack of interest. But you HAD just posted better pictures of your gorgeous pens in other threads so this one was 1) not as close so didn't show off the pen as well, 2) blurry so didn't show off the pen as well 3) most of the comments had already been made.

I liked the pen with the gator head as the background but the towel and distance weren't to your benefit. Maybe the same setup but a closeup so the pen and just the jaw-line of the head showed. That would be cool.

GK
ps Monkey is correct, this is the most civil board I have seen. But it does have lots of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Take it as such and improve. I know I do!

snowman56

The pens were taken with the gator skull and HIDE, (not a towel) and our camera will not take any better pictures. The closer, the blurrier. The other pics were taken by our neighbor who is a professional photographer, just in her yard the other night while we were showing her our pens. If anyone is interested in donating a better camera than our cheap digital, please let me know. Our phone camera is worse than that!! I really do appreciate all the comments, bad and good. That is the only way to learn. Thanks!

gerryr

There are many digital cameras on the market that will focus as close as 2.5" in macro mode with very high resolution for less than $200.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Oh, wow. Sorry for the confusion. Too bad you deleted the picture I would like to look at the hide in more detail. I honestly didn't recognize it for what it was.

What kind of camera do you have? Many/most of the digicams have a close-up or "flower" mode that will let you get much closer. If you have just a little money to spend, there are lots of nikon coolpix cameras for sale on Craigslist in texas. I have one of the original coolpix 900s and even that one takes great pictures of pens on its closeup mode.

GK

Dario

As Gerry said, you can have a good digital camera for cheap now. Almost just the cost of one alligator pen as you price them. [;)] It is a worthy investment IMHO. [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom