Remnants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This is what happens when you blow up a blank while drilling it. You sometimes just have to make due with what you have. This is a Gold ti Sierra and my own homemade blank.

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_3001.jpg
    IMG_3001.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 230
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

Neil, I guess if that's what happens, maybe you can write a tutorial on blowing up and fixing blanks like that.:biggrin:

Seriously though, that is a great looking mix of colors!:cool:

OKLAHOMAN

Neal, next time you blow up one of those blanks, I'll save you the time and embarrassment from having to admit that you blow up blanks and have to fix them just send it to me. What else are friends for?

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great save and beautiful work.

A suggestion that will make it look planned: use a brass spacer of .5mm or smaller between the segments and the segmentation will not only look professional - but planned!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Sometimes even the blow ups work. Eagle used to take great pains protecting his blanks from blow ups. Used to wrap them with gauze, drizzle CA, turn them round and then drill in the lathe. Now that's a tutorial we can share.

VisExp

Nice save Neil. I'm in the habit of always drilling the shorter upper barrel first. That way if I blow it up I can go to plan B and make a sierra from the lower barrel :rolleyes: :biggrin:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Thank you everyone. Just a few replys here. I can't add any netal in, that is my weak spot and would heve just blown up again for me. I was caught short because this one was supposed to be a sierra blank. If I am planning on blowing any more up, I will send those out first. It just takes a pea size ball of something to either warm your food or to make it blow sky high (don't get caught warming food over it). And finally...The tutorial is in the library for this, just look in there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom