reminising

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from paintspill

paintspill

i've spent the evening reminising and drinking, and as my previous post would point out. things aren't great right now. so i was on you tube looking at my videos and decided to share this one. i think i posted it before but as i know the audience is always changing, i thought i would share again. also i don't remember how much info i provided the last time around,. to give you a little back ground, the bluenose is the tall ship that appears on the canadian 10 cent piece. our dime. the original bluenose was sunk off on of the carabean islands. the bluenose II was built and sailed. the bluenose II is undergoing a huge restoration. so i contacted them asking for a piece to make some pens. 2. one for me and one for them, i then found out that the majority of the ship was put through a wood chipper to discourage scavengers. making my pen that much more valuable. this is the outcome of that project. and to note. i got a letter of authenticity for the captain himself. i hope you enjoy this as much as i enjoyed making it. bluenose II pen project - YouTube

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PeetyInMich

Kudos to you Marc. Thank you for respecting the heritage of Bluenose I and creating (and documenting) pens as an homage to her from parts from Bluenose II. PS welcome back

scotian12

Hi Marc...I enjoyed your video of making the Bluenose II pen. I have been very fortunate to obtain a larger quantity of the old Bluenose II wood before they put the hull throughout the wood chipper. When the shipyard started construction of the new Bluenose II, at the request of the Nova Scotia government, they gave out small quantities of wood free to the public. I was able again to get a smaller quantity of the angelique wood. I have enjoyed making pens out of the Bluenose Ii wood and even more i've enjoyed the appreciation of Canadians who wanted "a piece of the Bluenose". Your pen is very valuable and even more so with the letter from Captain Walters. I have tried not to waste the wood so I collect all the sawdust and it is made into Bluenose paper. You can see more of my Bluenose pens and collectables (including ink) on my website www.scotianpens.com,under nautical woods, and my own little video on tube in my signature line. Marc..please continue with your lathe and video work and it will help you over this trying time in your life. regards Darrell Eisner from Halifax.

Top Bottom