A reminder of why we do business with Mr. Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

This is the first time I have ever done a screw top pen so I just went bushing to bushing on it. The blanks is Brown Dyed Box Elder Burl that I got from Arizona Silhouette a while ago and has been in my Premium blank box for a while now. I can not say enough about the blank, it is stunning and I can only apoligize that it does not look as good in the photo as it does in person.

As always comments or critiques are appreciated.
20059174652_BoxElderBurlST.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by bigvoots44
<br />beautiful pen vick.there is nothing wrong with bushing to bushing.the blank really stands out on this pen.too much ornimentation would distract from the wood.
fred

Me too on what Fred said. With some pen styles, yours, the Baron and a couple others, the pen and selection of a beautiful wood make the finished item great. Of course, a good turning job and finish is important.

Dario

Nicely done. Nothing wrong with B2B turning...this look just right.

I agree with doing business with Bill...great service, fast response and unbelievable packaging. Those boxes are like safes!!! You probaly can drop them from a 3 storey building and still be intact!!!

JHFerrell

Hey Dario, newbie here... just out of curiousity, does B2B by any chance stand for Back to Basics? I've seen itused several times and have been trying to figure out what it means based on the context it is used in. In fact I've seen lots of abreviations and acronyms used here. Maybe someone could do a (do I dare use the dreaded word?) tutorial on them. [:D][:0][:D]

Dario

John,

B2B is bushing to bushing.

I'll check the link for the abbreviations and add it later...one of the members use it as part of his signature. [:D]

vick

Originally posted by JHFerrell
<br />Thanks Dario...that makes sense too now that I think about it.

I will have to admit it took me a little while to figure that one out first time I saw it.

JHFerrell

Vick...my apologies to you sir. I first opened this thread to see you pen and ended up asking Dario a question and completely forgot to compliment you on this pen. Consider my wrist slapped. That is indeed a sharp looking pen. Being new to pen turning, and turning in general, I am constantly being surprised by the quality of craftsmanship I see displayed in this forum. Good job.

mick

Beautiful pen Vick and as for the B2B that'a about the only way to turn the screwtop rollerball ....I learned the hard way. Wanted a little curve to the pen and the top. About the time I pressed the centerband on I realized it was gonna be proud of the CB I completely forgot about allowing for the turn off to create the tenon. But anyway I really like the pen and love the kit!

vick

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The B2B comment was because all the capped pens I have done this year except 1 have been solid bodies, to tell the truth I never do beads or coves on my pens.

Mick - There is actually some curve to the pen, but I never use a big curve. The process I use to get a good fit is to straight cut it so it is betwean 1/8 to 1/16 over the bushings. Cut the tendon, then shape the curve down to the bushing on the one end, and use caliper when I shape on the other.

JimGo

Originally posted by Dario
I'll check the link for the abbreviations and add it later...one of the members use it as part of his signature. [:D]

Sorry Dario, I took it out of my sig block because I didn't think anyone read it any more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom