Remember when I told Mr. Brooks to watch out?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from crabcreekind

crabcreekind

I think im getting the hang of this whole casting thing... plus the reverse painting. There is a blue/white/black sierra.. a black/white/lavender sierra and a what im calling a orange creamsicle blank (not sure if that is taken, but o well). I was pretty impressed with myself after these pens. what about you guys?
I made all of these tonight.

Attachments

• blueblack sierra.JPG
    blueblack sierra.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 297
  • blueblack sierracloseup.JPG
    blueblack sierracloseup.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 361
  • black sierra.JPG
    black sierra.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 294
  • orangecream1.JPG
    orangecream1.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 304
  • orangecream2.JPG
    orangecream2.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 217
  • orangecream3.JPG
    orangecream3.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 245
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Looks great. I need to get vertical with my casting pretty soon here. Horizontal just doesn't offer the right kind of freedom.

actually i use a horizontal mold. i use the last one on the list
http://www.luv2turn.com/siliconemold.html
they work like a charm... i dont really like vertical because you can't mix it thoughout

Looks like I need to work on my timing. I bet if I used those same colors with my current technique it'd look totally different.

Bobalu

I remember that threat you made to JB. Looks like you made good on it. Real good! If I hadn't read the verbiage and only looked at the photos, I probably would have thought those were Jonathon's.

It looks like you are using solid color pigments versus the pearlescent type. Is that correct?

crabcreekind

I remember that threat you made to JB. Looks like you made good on it. Real good! If I hadn't read the verbiage and only looked at the photos, I probably would have thought those were Jonathon's.

It looks like you are using solid color pigments versus the pearlescent type. Is that correct?

for the white i use sold color pigments, but for the blue and black i use pearlex

boxerman

Very nicely done on the casting. Really like the blank on the razor. Christmas is coming I expect few those blanks for a present. LOL.:biggrin::biggrin:

Drstrangefart

Looks great. You got the swirl.... Now can you get the depth?

I hope to get the depth, but it is to cold now =(

Have you considered a hair dryer or heatinf pad inside a box to cure blanks in? I use a hair dryer, but I think it may cause excess convection and making the patterns busy, instead of the bolder swirls. Maybe I'll try the heating pad next and see what it does.

crabcreekind

Looks great. You got the swirl.... Now can you get the depth?

I hope to get the depth, but it is to cold now =(

Have you considered a hair dryer or heatinf pad inside a box to cure blanks in? I use a hair dryer, but I think it may cause excess convection and making the patterns busy, instead of the bolder swirls. Maybe I'll try the heating pad next and see what it does.

well it needs to be warm to set partially set the first part, then like 2 minutes later you pour in the other color.

Top Bottom