Reincarnated Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Magicboytb

Magicboytb

I just finished this beautiful Cigar Pen.
How much would you sell it for?

Attachments

• IMG_1940.jpg
    IMG_1940.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 491
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

As much as I could get !! Start high, you can always come down. To many factors involved to give you a set price. Beautiful pen !! Jim S

Magicboytb

This blank turned out great but it was a lot of work. I spent hours on it..filling voids with CA and letting it spin dry between coats.
Thanks for the comments

eranox

Pricing is always a tricky issue. That's a fantastic pen, and I'd be buried with it before I'd sell it for under $50. I think $75 is not unreasonable. At that price, I'd put it in a box. Nothing expensive, one of the standard black pen boxes would work.

Is the hardware x-carat gold, or gold Tn? The gold Tn should go for a few dollars more, but customers sometimes disagree. "Real gold" tends to warrant higher prices sometimes, regardless of what explanations we might share.

Personally, I'd pay $75 and feel good about it.

OZturner

Todd, As I am from accross the Pond, I will leave the pricing question to your Local Marketeers.
At first glance of the Blank, the Blue / White jumped out at me, just like a Beautiful Piece of Antique Delft Ware. I had to look twice, and it was only the Burl near the Nib end, that reminded me that this was a "Reincarnated Wood" Blank
The Blank is truly Incredible. Those colours are so "Delft" Brilliant.
Your Fit and Finish is excellent, I think because of the "Antique Appearance of the Delft" that the Gold Pen is an Excellent Choice.
Congratulations,
You have made my Day.
Brian.

mikebpeters

whatever the market will bear is the cop-out answer. I would probably ask about 60 +/-

The generic rule of thumb of 3 times materials would likely see you in around 50, but it is such a nice example of a cigar that you could likely go a bit higher.

beck3906

And the answer "whatever the market will bear" is not a good answer. Every market has well-heeled buyers capable and willing to pay a fair price. You just have to be ready for those and position yourself where they are.

Dan Masshardt

You also have to ask yourself if it's important to you to sell it quickly.

If you price it higher, you will have to wait for the right buyer, which is just fine.

I would price that pen at $69 you can always come down but I bet you won't have to. I have sold plenty of Cigar pens in that price range. I agree with Dan though. I don't sell many gold and don't make many for my site either. Rhodium and Black Titanium are my sellers with an edge going to Rhodium. I did however sell a very nice pen into Singapore last week that gold was requested? Maybe the tide will change?

Last edited:

fitzman163

Middletown,PA via The Coal Region,Pittston, PA, US
Don't sell yourself short as so many here do. I can get $100 all day long for that pen and I don't live in an area that brings a high price for everything. Not everyone can make a pen there is a skill, tools, materials, factor that goes in to each piece of art work (PEN). I can never figure out how some people can sell a pen for a few $$$ more than the cost of materials. If you want to give them away by all means do so, I do it a lot. That said if you are going to sell a pen then don't sell yourself short.

some questions

I just finished this beautiful Cigar Pen.
How much would you sell it for?
Do you realy want to sell it? How long did it take you to make you to make the blank? Is your time worth $3 an hr, or 30?
If the answer to the first question isyou would like to keep it is no, then do what one comment was. figure the least you would take for it and double it.'''' It is one of a kind.
you can ALLWAYS come down , but never go up.

beck3906 - on line sales are horribly competitive. When you have a potential customer at a show, it's less so (unless there's another pen guy/gal at the next booth over).

Not embarrassing to me. And, really, what's the likelihood of that happening? But even if it did - what happens? If they see the item at a show and say "Hey, that $65 pen is $55 on your web site!" I say "No shipping. You get it here today. And I'll take $5 off 'cause I like you". Or I'd throw in a "free" pen box. But not embarrassed.

Tom T

That is a great pen. Sell it in person for $135.00 plus if that does not work send it to me for $75.00. I like that pen. I have never made a cigar pen so being inspired by that one would help me.

plano_harry

On that kit, probably $80. If it were on a Berea Hybrid Cubano, I would go for $120. That is the only cigar hardware that I offer and the quality look carries the price.

Very nice pen!

Top Bottom