Refining the concept

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

Carrying on from the last pen I posted. This pen is a Sierra dressed in Corrugata and cast Alumilite.

Thanks for looking. Your comments and critiques are appreciated.

2008430215049_ACT_6558_small.jpg

2008430215137_ACT_6563_small.jpg

2008430215154_ACT_6568_small.jpg

200843021529_ACT_6573_small.jpg

Edited: I got the wood mixed up [:I] It is Corrugata not Siberian Elm Burl.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

great12b4ever

Thanks a lot! You really know how to make my head hurt! I studied hard on the last one you posted to try to get my feeble mind around exacly how it was accomplished to get the spacing so even, and just as soon as I THINK I have it figured out, you show this one. Oh well, let me pour a few more stiff drinks, and think on this one for awhile, and get ready for the headaches trying to figure it out. LOL
Seriously, I love the look and I can appreciate the time it took. GREAT looking pen! Thank you for posting it.

broitblat

I really like this! The last one I thought showed great ideas and technique, but I couldn't decide on the result. This one, no question - delightful. I prefer the single added black designs to the multiple colors, and I think the small repeated pattern works better than the large, bold accents for my personal taste.

-Barry

VisExp

Thanks for all your kind comments. They are appreciated.

Originally posted by great12b4ever

Oh well, let me pour a few more stiff drinks, and think on this one for awhile, and get ready for the headaches trying to figure it out. LOL
Seriously, I love the look and I can appreciate the time it took. GREAT looking pen! Thank you for posting it.

I'm sorry Rob, I didn't mean to drive you to drink :D

karlkuehn

Banned
Holy hell, I don't even know where to start. Your last one was awesome, but this one is out of this world. I know what I go through when I'm casting segments for my 'Segmacasts', which you don't see a lot of for a reason. That's just too dang much work! To get the patterns you have, using the methods that I use, that must have taken a good bit of prep-gluing. You've taken 'Eagle-level' precision and brought it into the casting world. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

The only reason that I'm not worried about you selling those blanks is that I'm pretty sure that I can make a dozen of mine in the time it takes to make one of yours, and you're going to have to charge accordingly to keep from doing it for free! Keep it up, man! You definitely have the gift of patience.

I love that pen! Next on your list of things to do is to make a 6" long one and send it to me for a review on the ability to turn it into a two-blank, multi-diameter, closed-end pen while matching up the lines across the center band, right? [:p][}:)]

Man, I love watching this community move forward! You're pushing the envelope, my friend! :D

mb757

Very nice work; it's a very interesting concept. You're not afraid to experiment and the segment work isn't the same pattern over and over with different materials. I love your initiative and have to admire your work. Bravo and well done.

Top Bottom