Reed's Desert ironwood and cactus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Reed Kempton has to have some of the finest desert ironwood anywhere. This was the worst piece of the bunch. Thanks, Reed.

us%20%20Gold%20Titanium%20Baron%20Rollerball%20Pen.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Lou,
Cool pen. Do you buff your pens when you're done finishing them? I mean on a buffer. I know you use TSW. I now buff, then apply TSW and rub with a dry towel.
Rob

bdar

Lou you do nice work but this one doesn't do it for me. Nothing against any craftmanship, but the the combo of the resin and ironwood, mixing organic (top) and man made (bottom) of the pen I personally don't think it works well together. I don't know whether it is that the resin is lighter or there isn't the concentration of skeleton that I am use to seeing cactus blanks. When I look at the pen I start at the cap and follow the grain of the ironwood and then I get to the lower barrel. If it was a full cactus or ironwood pen then it would have worked for me.
Bdar

kent4Him

I have to agree with bdar. It looks like someone put the wrong cap on the pen. Nothing wrong with the craftsmanship, but it is not a combo I would make.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK, Lou, here's the plan.

Send the pen to Anthony (in the desert), he can sell it in short order (we both know he's a salesman!!)

Remember guys, he posted this just after midnight!!! Tired, busy, his usually-astute critical eye was "dozing off".

(Don't make another one tho', ok???)[:D][:D][:D]

Skye

Not enough cactus in the cactus. Also, what are the white clouds at the foot? Figure on the ironwood is great.

gerryr

Very nice pen, Lou. I like the combination and I definitely agree about Reed's DIW, it's like getting Cocobolo from Bill Jacob.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks for the comments. I have to say that this isn't one of my favorites. Of course, like most, I have pens that just aren't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom