Redwood Burl FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This is some redwood burl that was real punky so I cast it with some red and white PR, it has 8 coats of CA wet sanded to 4K and plastix polished. It's on a Gold ti Jr Gent from CSUSA.
Comments welcome. and THANKS for looking. :)

Attachments

• RW 2.jpg
    RW 2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 126
  • RW 1.jpg
    RW 1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 101
  • RW 3.jpg
    RW 3.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 138
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Max,
That's a strikingly beautiful pen from a piece of punky wood! Like it with those components. You sent me a similar blank to me for my birthday:). Thank you! Now I just have to make the pen. Thanks for showing! Doc

jbswearingen

Great job in saving the wood!

My only comment is on how "soft" your pictures are. Is that intentional? If so, I would go back and sharpen them MUCH more. Too much detail is lost.

maxman400

Max,
That's a strikingly beautiful pen from a piece of punky wood! Like it with those components. You sent me a similar blank to me for my birthday:). Thank you! Now I just have to make the pen. Thanks for showing! Doc
Doc I think one of them I sent is from the same pour, its funny how it can be the same piece of wood and look completely different. :bulgy-eyes::hypnotized::beauty:

maxman400

Great job in saving the wood!

My only comment is on how "soft" your pictures are. Is that intentional? If so, I would go back and sharpen them MUCH more. Too much detail is lost.
Thanks I will give that a try, I just shot these fast with out proper set up and lighting.

Top Bottom