dmadis

One of my favorite woods.

20041215183627_redcigar1.jpg

20041215183646_redcigar3.jpg

2004121518371_redcigar4.jpg

20041215183719_redcigar2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Nice pens. The tree is good looking too. Always notice them when we travel to the coast. Oops - just realized that's four views of the same pen! Thought you were awful consistent in your pen turning!!!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Doug...You're not likely to see the eastern redbud tree. It does not do well in climates like Ontario. Although it is occasionally found in New England, it's mostly found from New York State south and mostly in the eastern third of the US. It's too bad, because it is one of the US's most beautiful trees...and hardy as all get out.

dougle40

Lou ,
I think that I have seen these trees here . I did a search on them and they say that they grow from New York state south . I live in the southernmost part of Canada , way south of New York state and at a latitude equal to the northern part of California . There are trees here that we "refer" to as Tulip trees that have the same flowers but aren't actually Tulip trees at all . A strange thing about where I live is the fact that the US , Michigan , is actually NORTH of us . If you stand on the banks of the Detroit River and look north , you're looking at Detroit . It's the only place in Canada that this is true . If you look at a map of Ontario , the lower section looks like an Elephant and I live right at the tip of it's trunk and because it curves upward it causes the US to be north of us .
And that's the geography lesson for to-day . [;)][:D][:D]

its_virgil

OK. I'm confused. think I should sue my HS geography teacher. Where in Canada is the latitude the same as southern California. Set me straight!
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by dougle40
<br />Lou ,
I think that I have seen these trees here . I did a search on them and they say that they grow from New York state south . I live in the southernmost part of Canada , way south of New York state and at a latitude equal to the southern part of California . There are trees here that we "refer" to as Tulip trees that have the same flowers but aren't actually Tulip trees at all . A strange thing about where I live is the fact that the US , Michigan , is actually NORTH of us . If you stand on the banks of the Detroit River and look north , you're looking at Detroit . It's the only place in Canada that this is true . If you look at a map of Ontario , the lower section looks like an Elephant and I live right at the tip of it's trunk and because it curves upward it causes the US to be north of us .
And that's the geography lesson for to-day . [;)][:D][:D]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Middle Island, Ontario; 41n41 (southern-most part of Canada)

San Francisco, CA (US): 37n47

I feel better about knowing how to find what I don't know. [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom