Red and White Pearl Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkirkb94

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkirkb94

Here is a red and white pearl acrylic pen with pearl European fittings. Was thinking this might appeal to women or to some OU fans in my area. Kirk [8D]

2004111318826_red-white%20acrylic001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dougle40

Very nice Kirk !
One thing that I've not tried as of yet is turning acrylics . Tried a piece of Corian once but I was using too high a speed on the drill press and blew it out the side .

jkirkb94

Thanks for the compliments. I guess I was right about it appealing to the ladies, Bev. [:)] Doug, acrylics definitely require sharp tools and a light hand. The acrylester resins are, I think, even harder to turn. Get too dull or too agressive and you can create a blow out. Sometimes you can recover from a blowout. Also some of the acrylics create an acrid odor that takes more that a simple dust mask. The results are usually worth the extra effort. [:)] Kirk [8D]

melogic

Kirk,
Do you have a link or something where one could maybe order some of this stuff? I have a couple of OU fans that would really like this.

jkirkb94

Sorry Mark no links. Most of my present resins I got at my local Hogan Woods store. If I remember they didn't have more of what you see but I will look next time I'm on that side of town. These would be good one's to have available. I'm still keeping an eye out for any red/white ideas for pens for such reasons. I might sometime order some of the PVC rods to make some OU pens. I need to get on the ball before football season is over....however basketball is starting [;)] Kirk [8D] Link to PVC: https://secure5.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=plastiweb&BusType=BtoC&Count1=733486354&Count2=650626778 Here is my pen for the competition here in my state.

20041114175126_orange-black%20resin.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom