Red and white Panache

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Here's one I did today (on a couple of days leave :biggrin: )

Chrome Panache kit with red/ali/red feathers. 6 in one direct, 6 in the opposite. Here's how I did the cuts and made the hole

It does have a few flaws, but I think it's quite pretty all the same and I like it.:biggrin:
I hope you all like it too.:)

Attachments

• DSCF2193.JPG
    DSCF2193.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 570
  • DSCF2194.JPG
    DSCF2194.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
An artist always knows their "minor" flaws!

Looks stunning to me!

Your process is amazing - thanks for the inspiration.

OKLAHOMAN

Always love seeing anyone's version of Eagles Feathers, but yours are tops for being done completely different than Eagle did it.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Always love seeing anyone's version of Eagles Feathers, but yours are tops for being done completely different than Eagle did it.

Yep Roy, he did leave us with a few tricks, didn't he? Have you spotted the other trick that he did very often too, that I used here as well? I'll tell you in five minutes...:wink:

Eagle always loved to completely hide the original blank from the masses of random feathers, but I've always preferred the 'less is more' approach. :)

Edit in;

Ok Roy, your 5 minutes is up!! When Eagle did his intricate glue-ups, he would use loads ( like a whole bottle!! ) of CA over the blanks so that he could drill down the middle without it blowing up. He sometimes used gauze as well. I was trying to get him to use a boring head, but as you know, he didn't have a lot of money.
Here is a pic of him swearing me to secrecy on some of his methods that he told me when we met at DCBluesman's house in DC. The other pic shows the thick CA coating.

Many thanks for all the comments folks.:biggrin:
Always appreciated:wink:

Attachments

• Sworn to secrecy.jpg
    Sworn to secrecy.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF2192.JPG
    DSCF2192.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Marko50

Another sick, bad to the bone, (all in a good way) eye popping, Top Shelf Masterpiece!

Your work is beyond comment, Steve!

MIKL

Awesome, those 3 layered feathers are superb

did you make the gizmo on the lathe that holds the blank to cut the slots for the inlay???

well done

thanks for showing

MIK

Top Bottom