Red White and Blue Freedom Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sseamen

sseamen

This idea took some time to work out. This is my fourth attempt at a pen to represent the flag. This one will go into the Freedom Pen box for the next Turn-A-Thon. My first attempt was at making the stripes run the length of the barrel. I didn't want to have an oval of one color on each side of the barrel so I tried making 8 wedges. It's podssible, but you must be VERY exact and hit dead on center, otherwise the stripes are not the same width. Then I hit on the idea of using segments that were at an angle to the barrel. Happily, when you rotate thsi pen, the stripes appear to move, but they don't go one direction like a barber pole, they move up and down and give the illusion of a flag rippling in the breeze. I wanted the starred field but didn't want to try and get exacty 50 stars on the upper barrel. So I went representational and used a Corian color that looks like a starry sky.

Comments welcome!

Attachments

• RWB.jpg
    RWB.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 257
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JD Combs Sr

A really nice and patriotic pen. Personally I like it better then the stars and strips inlay kits you can buy.

BTW what is the color (name) of the Corian? I would like to find some of that for teacher's pens.

sseamen

Top Bottom