Red, White and Blue Chevrons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

Which direction should the chevrons point?

• Point towards the cap/clip (like the vertex).

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Point towards the tip/writing end (like the bolt action).

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters

SteveJ

Got these done in time for the fourth of July. Red, White and Blue spectraply with thin red cutting mat, and white plastic (from a hobby store). The vertex has some died wood on the ends and five chevrons. The bolt action has either blackwood or ebony.

Not sure which direction I like better for the chevrons. What do you think? pointing towards the cap/clip or pointing towards the writing end?

nb3dbuol.jpg

yAUqrUMl.jpg

s4SSzdYl.jpg

0hdPiZsl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Great job Steve. I voted down. Your precision is excellent, and I like the thicker veneers. Beautiful colors.

It's nice to see variations in the number of inlays. I'm almost done with a six inlay, and I'm curious if there will be any separation at all - hopefully, as I'm suspecting the tips of the chevrons are not in line between each inlay.

Dieseldoc

Steve:

Splendid looking pen, outstanding workmanship.
I would say my vote is facing down.
However I just wonder what if you had one down and the other up, it would make a very interesting looker maybe.

Charlie

jttheclockman

Looks good. pointing down with direction pen is used is about the norm. I want to see someone do a continuous chevron all around with strip in between. Come on lets challenge ourselves.

Top Bottom