Red, White and Blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Started yesterday A.M. and finished it this A.M. It's an Flag inlay kit from Constant Laubscher on a Majestic Junior Fountain Pen. This is the second one I've done, the first was a rollerball. I'm sure others find it easy to do, but for me they are fairly tough. I got all the stars in fine and the the stripes fit great. The grain of the wood shows through in certain spots giving the inaccurate impression on the photo something is wrong with the finish. Sanded even prior to using a skew. Finished with sandpaper to 600 grit. CA (thin) X 1 coat, then CA (medium) X 7 coats, MM (wet) to 12000 grit followed by HUT Plastic Polish. Hope you like it. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for just looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Red, White and Blue_2.jpg
    Red, White and Blue_2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 180
  • Red, White and Blue_1.jpg
    Red, White and Blue_1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Red, White and Blue.jpg
    Red, White and Blue.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 160
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

Wow! Stunning! For me those stars were a pain in the butt. I told myself if I ever did another one I would just cast the stars in white somehow. Your stars look amazing and the total package with that kit is really something. Great photos too. Thanks for sharing that one!

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

diamundgem

I have done several of those and yes, I cast the stars with 2 part epoxy and some white dust mixed. It looked just as good as spending a lot of time trying to fit the little stars.

wiset1

What can you say about these kits other than they are beautiful! You did a great job on this Doc, keep them coming

Top Bottom