Red Velvet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

This is a home cast I came upon by accident. I was working to get the right red for another pen I was working on, this wild red came out in the process. The cool part is that I know how I made it and can recreate it! Black and red cast in Alumilite clear. I put it on my first Princeton. Strange pen components. I like how they feel in the hand, but not totally sold on the look.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• P2250267.jpg
    P2250267.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 260
  • P2250268.jpg
    P2250268.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 183
  • P2250270.jpg
    P2250270.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BlackPearl

You did a great job on that. I agree with you on the pen once it is put together. I have been using one as my carry pen for a couple of months and somehow the balance is off just a little bit.

I love the look and the feel of it but every time I pick it up to write it feels strange for some reason.

Putting the kit issues aside that is a good looking blank done well.

Brooks803

Sweet blank Eric! Looks like there's some pearl in the red or am I just seeing things? Any reverse painting?

As for the kit, if it didn't have the flat spots on the nib and finial end I'd love it. To me they shouldn't be there bc it breaks up all those nice swooping curves!

Buzzzz4

Thank you. The blank is what really makes this pen. Jonathon, the pen is reverse painted with silver. I thought about black, but didn't want the red washed out. There is some mica pearl in it.

Top Bottom