Red Stripe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

No....not the alcoholic kind........Fresh out of the "Pen Studio" comes this little beaut:biggrin: All in all im happy with it, but its not perfect, there are a few minor flaws, so this might end up being a demo pen. This is some Red Striped Lucite witha #6 Bock Feed and Nib. The cap is postable.

All Comment Welcome

Thanks For Looking

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0794.jpg
    DSC_0794.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 991
  • DSC_0795.jpg
    DSC_0795.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,019
  • DSC_0796.jpg
    DSC_0796.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,000
  • DSC_0797.jpg
    DSC_0797.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 995
  • DSC_0798.jpg
    DSC_0798.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,013
  • DSC_0799.jpg
    DSC_0799.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,020
  • DSC_0800.jpg
    DSC_0800.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 989
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

Looks like some grasshoppers we have around here every year. Now if you had one with a yellow stripe, and one with an orange stripe it would be the whole grasshopper collection. Need a model to demo it?

Lenny

I have a friend who, the very first time ever on a golf course, shot the game of a lifetime .... well under par, close to the course record! He never played again! His reasoning was that he would never play better than he did that day. :eek::confused::)

Glad you don't think that way!:biggrin:
This one may even be better than the blue one!!!! :)

OKLAHOMAN

Ok, you lined up the line when closed, lined it up with the section clip is dead center on the line, so what the crap is the problem other than the final being a little long and that's something that is not a problem as it was intended to be. Inquiring minds want to know.

Brooks803

Ok, you lined up the line when closed, lined it up with the section clip is dead center on the line, so what the crap is the problem other than the final being a little long and that's something that is not a problem as it was intended to be. Inquiring minds want to know.

Agreed! That's one sweet pen Justin. I know we are our own worst critics, but that one really shows your skills lining up all the pieces. :worship::worship::worship:

Timebandit

Ya man!!!!

Excellent work buddy.

Thanks Lupe!!

Whatever the flaws are they are not apparent in the pictures. Your attention to detail makes the pen an attention getter.

Thanks Pete!! They cant be seen in the pics but they are there.:rolleyes:

Cool, I think I've seen some of that before. Did you get it from a pipe makiing supplier?

Yep...PipemakersEmporium

Looks like some grasshoppers we have around here every year. Now if you had one with a yellow stripe, and one with an orange stripe it would be the whole grasshopper collection. Need a model to demo it?

LOL!! I havent seen any other colors of stripes yet, but i will keep my eye out:wink:

I have a friend who, the very first time ever on a golf course, shot the game of a lifetime .... well under par, close to the course record! He never played again! His reasoning was that he would never play better than he did that day. :eek::confused::)

Glad you don't think that way!:biggrin:
This one may even be better than the blue one!!!! :)

LOL!! Thanks Lenny!!! Im no quitter....even while im ahead:biggrin:

Well Roy.........there are 4 of them, actually 3 because one is caused by the other. First, the front section got drilled just a little bit off, so the feed isnt perfectly centered on the line, but you cant really tell unless you look hard. Because of this, when the front section is screwed in, with the line centered on the top of the pen, like you see in the pics, when you look at the other side, the line doesnt line up perfectly, Its not bad, but it is noticeable. Third the clip is just a bit off center of the line. It was very hard just to make sure that is was as centered as it is. Again, its not bad, but if you really look with it in your hands, you can see it. Fourth, i must have chamfered the inside of the cap a little to much, and when turning to diameter, i noticed it, but didnt stop:frown: and cut down in the chamfer at the base of the cap. It caused the first thread to be removed and left the edge really sharp, and the cap screws in tight. The last one might be able to be fixed by remounting it in the colet and chamfering the edge some more, but it might just keep tearing away at the edge. Who knows. The others cant be fixed. My re-animator is broke:frown::cool:

Agreed! That's one sweet pen Justin. I know we are our own worst critics, but that one really shows your skills lining up all the pieces. :worship::worship::worship:

Thanks!!!

Another beauty Justin! Nice job on getting that stripe centered.

Thanks Frank!!

What a sharp looking pen. Excellent.

Thank you!!

Last edited:

hewunch

Aw man, I was going to try to pick them out. I had two guessed right. That said , you took a challenging material and did a fine job. Seems like you could do something to get the clip right. It looks as if you took a little material off the right side of the hole ,or if you bent it a hai that it would line up.

MarkD

Another awesome work of art Justin. Getting everything to line up must have been quite a challenge.

Timebandit

Looks good to me!

Thanks!!

Aw man, I was going to try to pick them out. I had two guessed right. That said , you took a challenging material and did a fine job. Seems like you could do something to get the clip right. It looks as if you took a little material off the right side of the hole ,or if you bent it a hai that it would line up.

Thanks!! I did bend the clip ever so slightly, so it is pretty much centered now:cool: If i took more material off, the clip could slide a little side to side and we dont want that.

Awesome pen.

Thank You!!

Another awesome work of art Justin. Getting everything to line up must have been quite a challenge.

Thanks Mark!!! This one took a little longer than usual for that simple fact!!

MartinPens

Beautiful pen Justin! I still like the blue one better - especially the one coming to me in the mail! It sounds like your as picky as I am. ( a perfectionist?) Congrats!

mb007

I'm barely a beginner in this hobby, and you've already got me thinking about what I'd need to get in order to make kitless pens. :biggrin: I really enjoy your work and creativity!

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Justin: I hate to say it, but pure garbage. To preserve your previous reputation, I think you should pack it up right now and send it to joefyffe! PM me for shipping address!!! :eek::eek::eek: I still haven't seen the flaws, but it IS fifteen minutes past two bourbons. Good looking pen!!! :beauty:

bitshird

I agree with Roy, it's a beautiful pen, other than the distance from the clip to the top of the finial seems to throw it a bit off balance, but it's still a nice piece of work. and I'm happy to see that even you can miss the mark once. It give hope to the lowly dogs like me.
Now I can come out from under the porch.

Timebandit

A beautiful pen! I am amazed at how well you got the alignment of the stripe - incedible!

Ken

Thanks Ken!!

Beautiful pen Justin! I still like the blue one better - especially the one coming to me in the mail! It sounds like your as picky as I am. ( a perfectionist?) Congrats!

LOL! Thanks Martin! I am when it comes to items going to customers. I cant have something i knew was wrong coming back on me and hurting me....so if thats a perfectionist.......thats me:biggrin::biggrin:.. And yours should be there anytime now:wink::biggrin:

I'm barely a beginner in this hobby, and you've already got me thinking about what I'd need to get in order to make kitless pens. :biggrin: I really enjoy your work and creativity!

Thank You!! The main thing you need to start is Desire:biggrin: If you have that, you are on your way!

Sweet looking pen. Awesome job!

Thanks!!!

Justin: I hate to say it, but pure garbage. To preserve your previous reputation, I think you should pack it up right now and send it to joefyffe! PM me for shipping address!!! :eek::eek::eek: I still haven't seen the flaws, but it IS fifteen minutes past two bourbons. Good looking pen!!! :beauty:

LOL!! I admire your honesty, i guess i asked for it right? I PM'd you but no respense, so it went out to the next person in line...sorry:cool::biggrin:

I agree with Roy, it's a beautiful pen, other than the distance from the clip to the top of the finial seems to throw it a bit off balance, but it's still a nice piece of work. and I'm happy to see that even you can miss the mark once. It give hope to the lowly dogs like me.
Now I can come out from under the porch.

LOL!! I miss more than i show! Only the ones that actually make it to completion cane be shown. The box of rejects grows:eek::biggrin: all the time! You can come out from under the porch now:biggrin:

Top Bottom