Red Rotini

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

Red-Rotini.jpg

The first pen I've done since I got stupid,:tongue: the blank was done quite a while ago, and after a month, I was having severe withdrawal symptoms, I was thinking just some acrylic that way no CA for finish, I forgot the pasta needed CA to finish, so VERY VERY carefully I turned this with one hand, on my metal lathe, and wet sanded through 1000 after 4 coats of CA, the nib end is .007 proud :eek: glad I didn't use a good blank or kit home brew PR with Rotini chrome slimline. I Didn't mess my bandages up,and didn't get in trouble with SWMBO (therapist may be another issue) sorry about the crappy picture,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Cool man, I like the shape at the waist.

I wonder if you could cook the pasta in water with dye, let it dry, then cast it in a colored resin....

fyrcaptn

stupid???

Nice pen
I'm intrigued more and more by casting. A survival pen. If all else fails eat the pasta...
LOML saw this one and wonders why I don't try casting.....
see what you've done to me???
(Thanks!!)

bitshird

Thanks guys, this was the hardest pen I've ever done,usually this design takes about 3/4 to 1 hour in wood,start to finish, I started this sucker yesterday afternoon about 4:30, and quit about 9:00 last night, then another hour and a half this morning and my cheeks are still puckered up.
Since there are no more open wounds, I think I'm going to try something in wood, maybe another acrylic first, still a bit paranoid about sanding dust, just no more pasta blanks, I've got two or three more, and they have been over done, I gave that one to my Physical Therapist she thought it was cool, and she's been good to me. Some day I have to sell some pens :thunder: :rain:

Hosspen

You have apparently single-handedly mastered the metal lathe. Great job on the pen and perseverence!

ldb2000

Ken , thats a really cool pen , love the shapes the pasta makes .
Nothing like a little bribe to keep you out of trouble :wink: .
You just be careful , you don't want to hurt anything .

drayman

ken, you better slow down and take it real easy, if you keep going like that your pens will look better than mine. LOL seriously,i think you did great, and its nice to see you doing a bit of dabbling. i like it, well done.:eek::eek::eek::highfive:

dntrost

You better take it easy do not get an infection or you will be more than sorry!
I had a bad infection and it took longer than my initial recovery...:mad:

Great pen but take it easy and I never thought I would say this but listen to your wife :eek: and keep that sucker clean!

Top Bottom