Red and Purple Streak Minicone Manhattan Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I was going for a new color with the minicones and ended up with this. It is based in red with blue mixed in. I was attempting a solid purple, but this little beauty came out. I took the close up to really show the purple iridesence. Back painted with purple as well.

This is my first time trying out the Manhattan click. I like the initial feel of this pen. Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• P6070291.jpg
    P6070291.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 325
  • P6070290.jpg
    P6070290.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 320
  • P6070298.jpg
    P6070298.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 358
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I like the wine color of the resin with a touch of purple in it. Of course I like the pine cones. The pen is descent but the clip is cheesy and of the 6 I purchased I have not sold one yet.

Buzzzz4

Thank you. We will see how the Manhattan does from here. I only picked up three of them. We get asked about click pens so much. I had flyover this one a try.

SDB777

These cones from Eastern Red Cedars? Or maybe some kind of spruce? Just wondering cause they are so small.....

Also, do you need to use pressure to get the resin into the cones?

As for the turnings...
Love the color combo with the cones!
Shined up really nice!
Tad large on the hardware, but I think you might have done that one purpose to keep as much of that really nice blank to show off!

Give it an rock solid "A" all around!!!

Scott (cones is cool) B

Buzzzz4

The cones are from the Australian Pine. I cast under pressure and have increased the pressure more recently causing more resin to get in the cones. Thanks!

Brooks803

Looks good Eric! I like the colors. What PSI are you casting these at? That is if you don't mind answering. I cast some for your transformation pen at 40psi and got some penetration, but I wasn't going any higher with the pressure pot I have.

Top Bottom