Red Peper!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mather323

Mather323

I wanted to create a pen that no one has ever done before. After being on this sight, I am not sure that this will ever be possible, this is my attempt. This pen was cast out of red peppers and CA glue. Turning this pen was simular to being pepper sprayed while having a asthma attack, and the effect was only enhanced when a pepper made it straight into me eye.:D

200812832211_redpeper1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
That is one of the best looking pens I have seen. Great job.

What your story tells me is that you don't have a good enough respirator. :D

GK

bitshird

I used to live in New Mexico, that pen would bring a nice price in some of the shops there.
It is one of the most unusual pen I've seem it's very well done.

Mather323

I make the pen by placing 1/8 inch of peppers in the bottom of a clear pill bottle, then I poured in 1/4 filling CA and mixed, pressing it down as well I a could. Then I repeted the process until I filled up the container. I let it set for 1 hour and then I cut and drill out the blank. I just completed a new one today (top secret) until I get to post it here but it looks like granet. :D

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Mike , that is the coolest , most beautimous pen I've seen in awhile ! How does the CA not stick to the pill bottle ? Or do you have to break up the bottle to get the blank out ? I don't completely understand ( but that's me ). Love the work you did . Good job !

Mather323

After the glue is set, cooked off I cut the pill bottle to match the brass tubes. Then I used the end mill to trim the brass and turn the pill bottle and once I am thru the plastic I am now turning the blank. [:p]

Fred

I would imagine that if it gets "chewed" on, then the one doing the chewing will be in for quite a surprise if and when they reach the peppers.

Very nice blank and the finished pen is definitely unique. Great job! :D

Top Bottom