Red Metallic Yippeeee!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

This was a yippeee! A red metallic I placed on a black titanium euro. Getting the hang of these tenons. One of my favorite pens to date. I switched around the order of the bands as well just for fun. Feedback encouraged as I'm learning every time I turn a new pen.

Attachments

• P2030206.jpg
    P2030206.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 334
  • P2030205.jpg
    P2030205.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 356
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great Job, Eric!!!

And lucky timing, I have 15kg of that material on it's way!! (Couple hundred blanks--23mm diameter---.9")

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yippeeee?? Is that the name of the blank? I'd definitely be interested, as that looks excellent!

It's called red in the "metallics" series. Currently out of stock. Will be here in the next two weeks. New stock will be .9" diameter so it will fit the big pens.

glycerine

Very nice! I love the way you kept the bottom barrel big and then tapered it off just before it came to the center band. Looks really nice that way.

Buzzzz4

Thanks for all the great comments! I do love this material. I did not paint the inside of the tube for this one. I've done the purple version before and that one came out just as nice.

Attachments

• Purple Jr. Gent.jpg
    Purple Jr. Gent.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice looking pen. I take it the metallics are opaque enough to not require painting of the tubes?

As you know, James, "When in doubt, paint!!"

But you will only see through it near the nib. And that depends on what style pen and, of course, material thickness. Paint the first one then decide if you needed to, or not.

(I rarely paint tubes, but I don't like thin ends, either)

Top Bottom