Red Mallee Roman Harvest (and box)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mb007

mb007

This is the last of the five pens I made for a charity auction for my church's food pantry, which is good because my fingers are getting tired of typing! :biggrin: It's a Rhodium w/ Gold Ti accent Roman Harvest kit from Timberbits, dressed in Red Mallee from isaacrapelje. Finish is CA (12 coats thin followed by 12 coats medium), and sanded through 12,000 MM. The box is made from mystery wood given to me by my father. It's been sitting in a shed at home for about as long as I've been alive (~30 years). My best guess is crotch walnut, but I'm open to other opinions!

Attachments

• Red Mallee RH 1.jpg
    Red Mallee RH 1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Red Mallee RH 2.jpg
    Red Mallee RH 2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Red Mallee RH 3.jpg
    Red Mallee RH 3.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Red Mallee RH 4.jpg
    Red Mallee RH 4.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 235
  • Red Mallee RH 5.jpg
    Red Mallee RH 5.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 153
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerH

Absolutely stunning pen, IMHO. I love the red mellee and the kit you used. Roman Harvest are not always my fav, but the combo you put together is fantastic. Very cool box as well, especially with the history behind it. Great, great job.

mb007

Absolutely stunning pen, IMHO. I love the red mellee and the kit you used. Roman Harvest are not always my fav, but the combo you put together is fantastic. Very cool box as well, especially with the history behind it. Great, great job.

Thanks Roger! I have to give credit for the plating choice to my wife though. I planned on using the mostly-gold components for this pen, and the mostly-silver parts with the Brown Mallee pen. I'm glad I listened to her - this is my favorite (of my own pens) so far!

Top Bottom