Red Mallee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Goldsbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldsbed

Here is a Red Mallee Jr. Gent with a CA finish. Haven't made any pens in awhile gotta get busy turning some for Christmas presents. Comments are welcome.

2006111144341_Red%20Mallee%20Gent.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Very pretty Dave! Your finish looks great, and the fit looks pretty good, too. The cap looks like you had some sanding issues (I have this a lot, otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed) near the bushings, and that can be taken care of pretty easily with some sandpaper. The only other nit that I see is that the cap seems to be fairly B2B, where the body seems to have a more pronounced curve to it. In fact, the body looks like, at its widest point, it is almost as wide as the cap at the cap's widest point. A slightly less pronounced "bulge" on the body would have given the pen a slightly more balanced appearance. But, I gotta tell ya, I'm stretching to even find THIS to complain about! Again, very nicely done!

Goldsbed

Thanks for the comments. I got the Red Mallee from someone on eBay. I can't remember which seller, checked my account but it was to long ago. I really like the wood it has some pretty wild figure.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Goldsbed
<br />Thanks for the comments. I got the Red Mallee from someone on eBay. I can't remember which seller, checked my account but it was to long ago. I really like the wood it has some pretty wild figure.

Thanks. Lee Trees sells it but the way their web site is set up it's hard to search all their big blanks.

mick

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />
<br />Thanks for the comments. I got the Red Mallee from someone on eBay. I can't remember which seller, checked my account but it was to long ago. I really like the wood it has some pretty wild figure.

Thanks. Lee Trees sells it but the way their web site is set up it's hard to search all their big blanks.

Frank I got some really pretty Red Mallee from a seller on eBay.
Here's the link to his store:

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Rivers-Edge-Exotics

I've gotten some very nice blanks from him in the past. His prices are reasonable and he ships very fast.

Goldsbed

Originally posted by mick
<br />
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />

Frank I got some really pretty Red Mallee from a seller on eBay.
Here's the link to his store:

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Rivers-Edge-Exotics

I've gotten some very nice blanks from him in the past. His prices are reasonable and he ships very fast.
I've ordered pen blanks from the Rivers Edge a few times in the past. Can't say for sure but it's most likely were I got my Red Mallee from.

GBusardo

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Very pretty Dave! Your finish looks great, and the fit looks pretty good, too. The cap looks like you had some sanding issues (I have this a lot, otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed) near the bushings, and that can be taken care of pretty easily with some sandpaper. The only other nit that I see is that the cap seems to be fairly B2B, where the body seems to have a more pronounced curve to it. In fact, the body looks like, at its widest point, it is almost as wide as the cap at the cap's widest point. A slightly less pronounced "bulge" on the body would have given the pen a slightly more balanced appearance. But, I gotta tell ya, I'm stretching to even find THIS to complain about! Again, very nicely done!

I should hve these problems [:)] Realy nice looking pen, great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom