Red & Gold TruStone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from omb76

omb76

Red & Gold TruStone on a Jr. Statesman FP. Sanded with 400 grit, then MM through 12000, then plastic polish. I usually like to put a slight curve on these pens, but went with a straight cut this time. I like the way it turned out. Blank came from Exotics and kit came from CSUSA. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• RedGold1.jpg
    RedGold1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 279
  • RedGold2.jpg
    RedGold2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

That's one classy looking pen. I have never turned tru-stone. The colours that I like appear to be the harder ones to turn.

ToddMR

I think it looks really good. I used to like the slight curves too, but once you start doing these types of pens I think straight looks much better. You did a fantastic job none the less. The pen really looks nice.

edavisj316

Looks great. I am thinking that I like the Statesman and Cambridge a lot better than the Majestics,,, a bit more subtle.

wizard

David, Beautiful job as usual! Good match of kit and blank. The gold in the nib really accents the gold veins in the blank. Thanks for sharing! Regards, Doc

omb76

Looks great. I am thinking that I like the Statesman and Cambridge a lot better than the Majestics,,, a bit more subtle.

I really like the Jr. Statesman and use it most often as I think it has the best feel and balance when the cap is posted. I bring out the Majestic when I want a "wow factor". I'm not sold on the Cambridge yet as I think the clip is a little too busy and I don't like the black ring around the center band. But then I thought the clip on the Emperor was too busy and was proven wrong when I actually made one. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and make a Cambridge and see for myself how I like it.

omb76

David,

That is a super pen. That may be the next thing I try.

Thanks Ben. I'm really happy with the way this one turned out. It was not very difficult to turn and polished up really nice. I'll definitely add it to the "material to use again" list!

76winger

I've used the maroon/gold matrix Trusone material from PSI (assuming the same stuff) before and I love the stuff. It cuts tougher but more predictably than most acrylics I've tried and polished to a very nice shine.

Great looking pen.

Top Bottom