Red Flame Box Elder on Majestic Jr

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LagniappeRob

LagniappeRob

I know it's not up to the standards of some of the guys around here... I'll get there one day, maybe.

I was pretty worried about this blank. It had a distinct bend in it. I figured worst case is I pull it back apart and pick up some new tubes and try again with another. That bend area is right below the cap in the picture, and produced the nicest of figure. The blank came from Mike and Saundra at LogsToLumberExotics - great people!!

C&C welcome and appreciate. Remember I've only been doing this for ~ 6 months.

Edit - The photo was just a quickie setup (no lights or anything, and just against a t-shirt) so I could post it.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 340
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

Looks great Rob. I'm usually not a fan of flame box elder, but this one is very nice. I may have to give it a try after all. Fit and finish look great from here. Great job all around!!

Dave

RogerH

"I know it's not up to the standards of some of the guys around here... I'll get there one day, maybe."

Hey Robert-double closed end fountain pens are not for everybody. The few I made-which judging by the others that I have seen on here aren't among the best but looked good nonetheless-don't sell at the shows I attend.

Kits like the one you did, very nicely I might add, and other upscale capped pens are my best sellers, both in fountain and roller ball. There is a place for every turner, is my point.

Nice job.

LagniappeRob

Thanks. I think I see every little imperfection, thing I would change, etc. and begin to doubt myself sometimes. I was pleased with this pen though. Mainly because I wasn't sure how it would work out with the bend in the blank. But then the bend section is the part I like most. It's has almost a burl quality to it.

One day I do want to try a totally custom fountain pen though. I've got a few projects before that I want to do first.

Top Bottom