Red crushed velvet click cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is a click cigar pen made with some red crushed velvet and a gold cigar kit and a click mechanism from Richard Greenwald . These are my all time favorite pens to make and use . They have a good weight and the long one piece body just looks great and the matching click button top it off perfectly . These pens are the perfect to showcase for the stunning red crushed velvet blank . There is nothing that I don't like about these pens .

As always , comments welcome .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dow

Butch, I really like this pen. Any chance that you could give me some more information on that click mechanism, how it works, how sturdy you think it its, etc.?

ldb2000

This is the original crushed velvet and hasn't been made for several years now . I bought up everyones stock over the past couple of years .
This is my favorite material for pens , I just love this stuff . I only wish it came in larger sized blanks , these are 5/8"X5" so the biggest pen you can make with them is a Jr series and that is really tight .

ldb2000

The click mechanisms are very nice , they are a little rough in the beginning but wear in and smooth out nicely . They are a non rotating mechanism and are made well and seem to hold up well .
They are just a mechanism so you have to adapt it to your own design . They are usable for both a button click or a cap click pens . You can get them here http://richardlgreenwald.com/

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Sigh! A day late and a dollar short. (or two) That blank is exactly the combinations of red that I had in mind for a pen I want to build. Thats a great looking pen, I will have to try and build a click myself.

RAdams

Banned
Ernie told me on the phone to come look at this pen, and I am glad he did! Absolutely amazing pen! The click button is top notch and makes the whole pen i think. Nice use of a sluper nice blank for sure! I bet it was fun to drill!!

mrburls

Nicely made pen Butch. Was going to ask you where you got the crushed velvet blank, but I see you posted they're older stock. I can see why you like those blanks.

Keith "mrburls"

Jgrden

Butch, I really like this pen. Any chance that you could give me some more information on that click mechanism, how it works, how sturdy you think it its, etc.?
Butch, DITTO for me. I am interested. What do you do with the left over center bands?? Where do you get the click mechanism?
You sure are on a streak lately. Or have I just now been paying attention??
John

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Nice pen design for that crushed velvet. Funny thing about that material. A few years ago I remember our local Woodcraft had a bunch of long sticks on the shelf. Wasn't selling. Owner cut them in half and they started to disappear. Think I still have one of the long ones in the waiting room for the right pen to come along.

Top Bottom