Red and Blued dyed in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

Ok I dyed my blanks in Red up on end in Cactus Juice then flipped after 24 to 36 hours into blue dye for another 24 to 36 hours. Now I figured I would get red on one end, blue on the other and purple in the middle? But I didn't get my purple? So I cooked them then decided to dye them again so I added more red dye to my Cactus Juice and figured I would get different shades of red and soaked again for 24 hours then added more blue dye to my Cactus Juice blue container and flipped into it for 24 hours and got blue and red again with no mixing in the middle? Now the pen that came from it looks great but I really wanted to get a purple center oh well I will keep trying! Here is the outcome!

il_570xN.389555061_qeql.jpg

Oh and another thing I have an old O.I.T lathe so I decided to give that a try instead of my Shopsmith. It didn't work too bad but I prefer the shopsmith I am going to have to switch everything back! I would love to get a new lathe but have to wait. Oh well at least I am still turning wood! Hope you like the pen!

Top Bottom