Red with Black and White

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Acrylic with a Gold and Black Sierra Twist Ballpoint. Wet sanded 400 thru 800 grits, polished with Hut Plastic Polish and applied two protective coats of Brazilian Carnauba.
I used to wet sand my Acrylic from 1500 thru 12000 MM and polish with Brasso. Found that by using Hut Plastic polish I only have to wet sand up to 800 grit to get a glass finish.
I will try this Plastic Polish on my Minwax Poly finish and see how it dose.
As always comments and or suggestions welcome.
Thanks for looking.

goldsierratwistballpoinhs7.jpg

dsc04457bn8.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Nice pen Les, I had wondered about using Brasso, I know that it's actually pretty abrasive, it will be good to see how the plastic polish works on your Minwax Poly finishes, I wish my shop wern't dusty, I'd sure like to find something less time consuming than a good CA finish but still looked decent.

ldb2000

Great work on that one Les . The plastic polish works great , I did use novus on some types of plastic and One step or Meguires on my homebrew PR , but have now switched to just buffing with Tripoli and White diamond on my drill press and 6" wheels I get from HD . I think it works a little better on things like Tru-stone and Corian , and as well or better on all acrylics , and I only have to sand to 600 now so it saves some time .
Good luck on your poly finishes , I can't wait to see how it works .

Top Bottom