Red Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimMc7

JimMc7

Madreperlato Red "freebie" blank from Dawn & Ed. These rarely end up being free because I order more like them! Kit is titanium gold and finished with Novus plastic polish. I still prefer the Jr Gent II kits but these are growing on me after fixing my OOR cap problem. +/- comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_6033.jpg
    IMG_6033.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_6034.jpg
    IMG_6034.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 181
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DaveM

Great Pen. Great name too. Now where's Snoopy?

I have one of those blanks too. I haven't turned it yet, but I am drilling and painting blanks today. I was debating between making a Baron or a Junior out of it. I also need to make a couple more Perfect Fit pens with better blanks, as these sell well for me. Yours looks great as a Baron, but I am still thinking of doing it as a JR (Just to be a bit different) I have some Rhodium Retro kits that would look perfect with that blank.

Nice clean job on a great pen,

Dave

jkeithrussell

Looks really nice. I'm going the other direction -- I stopped buying Baron/Sedona kits after I made a few Jr. Gents. The Rhodium Jr. Gent. is my favorite kit.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
NICE job!!

The only "downside" to the Madreperlato has been the size. The material has been .695". Drill carefully.

I am EXPECTING to solve this problem with my next shipment. The red and blue are being made exclusively for ME, and they are supposed to be thicker. We will see, when they arrive.

Madreperlato is made in Italy and has been used by all the major manufacturers for their "pearl" pens. "exotics" offers several colors, try them, but keep your pricing relatively high - why "cheapen" the material that the manufacturers have sold for hundreds of dollars????

Again, THANKS for the "plug" Jim!!!

micharms

Great job!

I need to stop playing around with other things and get back to some pens. The problem is that neither of the galleries where my work is sold have had a lot of sales of pens. I also need to try some higher end pen styles.

Michael

Top Bottom