Red Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

Prickly Pear cactus that is, from Curtis. I won this blank in the IAP raffle in January and finally figured out what do with it. I decided that since the cactus skeleton is tan that the whole thing would look better if the tube was at least semi-visible. I glued the tubes in with epoxy and even added a bit of glitter to it. There is some sparkle to the pen when you move in the light. The pen hasn't decided yet if it wants to be a fountain pen or a rollerball.;)

200741621119_RedCactusBaron.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jedgerton

"Can't decide if it wants to be a fountain pen or a rollerball"? It sounds to me like that pen is indecisive! You don't want to be trusting a pen like that to do the right thing so I think the best thing would be to send it to me! I have an extensive training program for pens like that :)

Great looking pen though, whatever it wants to be!

John

clement

Very nice pen, I like the color. I agree with jedgerton ! I could help the pen decide.
The blank is beautifull, I like one of this. Not shure that I found one in Belgium [:(]

clem

jtate

GerryR (or anytone who knows),
Is this the standard part that comes with the kit for the ring around the opening of the cap? I've never done a Baron and I'm looking at several. I really like the way the thin band looks.
Julia

Julia, the center band on the Baron includes the major cb portion, a small black washer, and a small plated washer. (Also, a black threaded insert, which doesn't figure in this) By leaving off the two washers, what is left is what you see on Gerry's beautiful (!) pen. And Clem, Curtis, an IAP member, makes and sells the cactus blanks (www.TurnTex.com).

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Julia,

CHECK WITH GERRY!!! But I am guessing if you eliminate that much hardware at the centerband, you better lengthen the "cap tube" a little, somehow or the fountain tip will hit the end of the interior of the cap (is that clear???)[:0][:0][:0]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The Baron center band assembly has three pieces. The one that shows here is part of the coupler. There is an additional black delrin piece and a plated piece that can be used or not, depending on your mood. The length of the cap does NOT need to be adjusted. The hollow portion of the finial lets it clear the nib without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom