The red baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darbytee

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

This is my first baron, done with red dyed stabilized maple and a chrome kit. I really like the kit, although it has an awful lot of parts. I actually had to pay attention and read the instructions.:D Thanks for looking.

20054704128_bar1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darbytee

Thanks for all the nice comments. I like the chrome kits. I've found that customers (for the most part) can't tell the difference in platinum and chrome finishes but can definitely tell the difference in price. Unfortunately I won't be able to sell this one. The upper tube developed two hairline cracks when I drilled it with the monster bit. While I'm sure the combination of the gorilla glue on the tube and the CA in the finish has sealed them just fine I'd hate to have it crack more in a customer's hand. Guess I'll have to use it myself.[:)]

Rifleman1776

Do try it. Rapidly becoming one of my favorites. For your first one, have a picture of a completed pen in front of you. You can capture a picture from the forum. The instructions forget to mention of inserting the black band so use care at that part. After doing several the order of things gets easier.

Originally posted by swm6500
<br />Nice looking pen Fred. I am going to have to try the Baron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom