Red Acrylic FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

Hi All
By popular demand [:I] here is a Semi-kitless pen I have been working on .
This is my first attempt at a kitless pen .
It is a homebrew Pr blank with a custom engraved finial .
It's still a work in progress as it is supposed to be a rollerball with a custom turned nib as well as my own clip but they are not ready yet so I used a Ligero FP nib since it has the correct threads to match the Triple start tap threaded cap and a Baron clip .
It was alot of work and alot of fun and I learned a ton of stuff doing it .:D
Comments are welcome

tn_kitless4.jpg
tn_kitless2.jpg
tn_kitless3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Good to see it here! I don't know if the stepped down finial will retain it's shape when the clip is finished but I like the look. The blank is really nice as well, looks like a rich burl.

ldb2000

HI
Thank you for the kind words everyone .
It was a blast figuring out all the things that needed to be done to cut and thread the parts for the cap and the body as there is very little information on what size drill bits and what size tennons to use for the drilling and threading and holding the blanks on the lathe (I used my barracuda 2 chuck to hold the blank while I turned the main body and the cap sections and do all the drilling and threading and then a closed end cigar mandrel to finish it off) .
The PR blank is one of the best looking blanks I have made so far it has a very wild and chaotic pattern in it , almost looks like fire instead of the normal smooth flowing pearl patterns . and yes George the finial will work with the clip I'm working on and will attach the same way

Top Bottom