Recycled Teak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jcreasey

jcreasey

My friend was replacing the handrails on his 60 year old sailing boat (Tondelayo.com). I got him to send me some of the old wood and made this pen. He estimates the wood is over 100 years old.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-06-19 20-49-43 (C).jpg
    2016-06-19 20-49-43 (C).jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 327
  • 2016-06-19 21-34-03 (C).jpg
    2016-06-19 21-34-03 (C).jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Excellent job John. I like the clean lines of the segments; and also love turning recycled teak. Every now and then I find a discarded chair or table - and the timber is often wonderful.

Cheers.

jcreasey

Excellent job John. I like the clean lines of the segments; and also love turning recycled teak. Every now and then I find a discarded chair or table - and the timber is often wonderful.

Cheers.

Thanks Mark! Yes it is lovely wood. It has a lovely golden shimmer.

Rick_G

Turned out good John. The segmenting looks good and adds that little extra touch. I like recycled teak as well. In the 60's my parents got their first good furniture with a workmans comp. payout from when my dad broke his back at work. The coffee table came with an extra set of legs so you could change the height to suit you. He carried them around through 4 moves and gave them to me a few years ago. I made pens for him and my brothers with them. Still have a little left but not much.

jcreasey

Turned out good John. The segmenting looks good and adds that little extra touch. I like recycled teak as well. In the 60's my parents got their first good furniture with a workmans comp. payout from when my dad broke his back at work. The coffee table came with an extra set of legs so you could change the height to suit you. He carried them around through 4 moves and gave them to me a few years ago. I made pens for him and my brothers with them. Still have a little left but not much.

You know you just reminded me of some wood that I saved ages ago from some furniture legs. I'm pretty sure that is teak as well. I'll have to dig it out when I get back to the shop!

Thanks for all the great comments. I love sharing my work and reading all the feedback.

Top Bottom