Recent turnings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LR9788

LR9788

I have spent a lot of time in the past few months revisiting my finishing techniques. I am finally getting closer to my goal. Feedback is always appreciated.
Jr abalone.jpg
Jr Fountain Pen in chrome with abalone blank

Jr Burl hybrid.jpg
Jr Rollerball in antique brass with maple hybrid blank

Jr burl.jpg
Jr Fountain Pen in chrome with unknown wood (Can anyone ID that?)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Well, my guesses would be either Honduran Rosewood Burl or Amboyna Burl.

Very nice pens !!!

Rachgard

I really love your choice of kit with the maple hybrid. So pretty. I wish I could zoom in more on your pics to see the detail, although I really like the outdoor setting and the lighting for it. I just wish it was closer, but I'm partial to a nice closeup. Your finishes looks great, what's your technique?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

LR9788

I really love your choice of kit with the maple hybrid. So pretty. I wish I could zoom in more on your pics to see the detail, although I really like the outdoor setting and the lighting for it. I just wish it was closer, but I'm partial to a nice closeup. Your finishes looks great, what's your technique?

Thanks! My wife is a portrait photographer and I can't get her to zoom in all the way haha. For the finish I sanded to 800 grit with abranet. Applied 5 coats of medium Mercury CA using craft foam. Wet sanded with 400. Micro mesh. Then Novus 3 and 2 and finished with Meguiars Plastix

OZturner

Terrific Pens Luke.
Glorious Blanks, Well Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Excellent Selection of Hardware.
I would also like to see the Photographs a little closer, these old eye's need all the help can get.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom