Recent Triton from the Sea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brownsfn2

brownsfn2

I had to post this because I love the deep blue color of this colored Abalone. I know if some of you look at the pens I have posted in the past you can tell I am stuck on blue. Just my favorite color. I have to be careful I do not make too many blue pens. :)

Thanks for looking.

pen380a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

That is a great looking pen!
When I look in my acrylic blank bin, I seem to have accumulated a good number of blue blanks! I just need to turn some of them!

thewishman

Beautiful, Ron! I'm not sure if I sell things other than blue better, or if I just make too many blues, but my selection at the end of Christmas-time tends to be bluer than I had planned.

bob46

Ron thats very nice.I am new to this site so please excuse me if the answer to the following question has been posted before. I am curious how you make the facets or flats on the pen.

Crashmph

very nice... I have the same problem with blue pens. they tend to be my favorites and I occasionally make to many of them.

Sandsini

That is a beauty! I, along with apparently everyone else (!), also have a soft spot for blue. I have to talk myself out of turning another blue pen nearly every time. Glad you didn't though, you did a great job on that one.

Warren White

I went to your web site and see that this pen is representative of your work. All your pens are absolutely stunning. I have never seen anything like them.

Where do you get your blanks, and to repeat another's question, how do you facet them?

Thank you for sharing your artistry.

Warren

brownsfn2

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

For those that asked I actually make these for sale on Exotic Blanks.

The facets are from the strips of Abalone shell layed onto the pen tube. Even though it is cast in clear PR it still keeps the faceted look.

Thanks again for all the kind comments.

Top Bottom