Recent swap with Gilrock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

Throughout the year I have been doing different swaps with people on the IAP. Here is what I got from Gil (Gilrock) and I'm proud to show it off. I'll let him chime in and give the details of making it.

Thanks Gil! Hope the photos do it some justice. (pardon my dust everyone)

Attachments

• GilJones-6872.jpg
    GilJones-6872.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 203
  • GilJones-6874.jpg
    GilJones-6874.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 180
  • GilJones-6876.jpg
    GilJones-6876.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 127
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

underdog

Wow that's nice. You guys are really impressive.

I have not turned a lot of pens, but I've turned enough to know that it takes a bit of work and experience to get these kinds of results. It just makes me appreciate it that much more.

Gilrock

Thanks for posting the nice photos Martin. This was only my 2nd or 3rd pen using the larger #6 Bock nibs. Cap to body threads were 14 x 0.8 mm triples while all the other threads were 10 x 1 mm. I'm famous for buying blanks and not having time to use them immediately so I've had that blank lying around for several months and I forget what it was called. I made the section out of aluminum.

I really was just trying to keep it simple because the pen wasn't the main focus of the swap. I would have liked to have added aluminum accents near the ends but I was rushing to get it finished to be included in the delivery. The special part of the package was the pen came with all the tooling used to make it so I'm expecting to see a kitless from Martin soon. Oops was I supposed to keep that a secret? :)

Top Bottom