Recent pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from desert1pocket

desert1pocket

I haven't posted any of my work in a while, so I thought I would prove that I do still make pens. Any comments or critiques are appreciated.

Pens004.jpg

Pens012.jpg

Pens023.jpg

Pens016.jpg

Pens009.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Hi, your #2 ben,the Cigar.Is the lamination cut short on purpose or was that an accident.I have cut a insert like that on a pen and i stopped turning and the rings were not closed and thought, hey,thats neat,but i didn`t think it would fly and continued on to finish the turning till rings were closed. Very nice work. Carl

desert1pocket

Originally posted by fernhills

Hi, your #2 ben,the Cigar.Is the lamination cut short on purpose or was that an accident.I have cut a insert like that on a pen and i stopped turning and the rings were not closed and thought, hey,thats neat,but i didn`t think it would fly and continued on to finish the turning till rings were closed. Very nice work. Carl

The cuts all go less than half way through. I put a stop on the saw so they would all be the same exact size. There is a name for the design, but I can't remember it off hand. If I were to flip the blank and repeat it, it would make a kings cross design, or if I had cut it all the way through, it would be a celtic knot.

Top Bottom