Recent kitless fountain pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chet0213

chet0213

Just wanted to post a few pictures of some commissioned pens recently completed. Having a good number of orders coming in and happy to keep busy in this great hobby!

Attachments

• opened 3.jpg
    opened 3.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 462
  • opened 1.jpg
    opened 1.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 415
  • opened 6.jpg
    opened 6.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 450
  • opened 2.jpg
    opened 2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 385
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Lovely !!!!!

If you are willing to give details of nibs, threads, etc., I would find that educational, please.

Mr Vic

They are all great but I love 2 & 3. Make me think of deep space. Have you considered getting rid of the sharp drop between the body and threaded portion? It looks like it would be a bit uncomfortable if writing for an extended period.

chet0213

Lovely !!!!!

If you are willing to give details of nibs, threads, etc., I would find that educational, please.

Sure! I use JOWO nib units purchased through Meisternibs. The taps for that were purchased at silverpenparts.com. For my medium sized pens I use 14x.75mm threads on the cap and body and 10x.75 on the section to cap threads. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

chet0213

Very Nice!

Excellent craftsmanship.

My favorite is #3. Did you pour that blank your self, or buy it?

Bill

Pen blanks were purchased through various suppliers. The only blank I poured was the transparent purple on the double ended pen. I have only poured colors that were not readily available but I am set up for large pours now. I hope to do more of that this spring and summer and hopefully create some great one off blanks to really make my pens stick out.

chet0213

They are all great but I love 2 & 3. Make me think of deep space. Have you considered getting rid of the sharp drop between the body and threaded portion? It looks like it would be a bit uncomfortable if writing for an extended period.

Yes I have on specific pens. Often times I leave it up to the customer. I use my Maymont model daily and it has a lip and I have no issues. It's personal preference for sure.

magpens

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean " ... and 10x.75 on the section to BODY ... "

What size JOWO nibs ? Probably #6.

Judging by the pictures, with a 14 mm cap to body thread, the pen body and cap must be pretty large in diameter (maybe 16.5mm ?)

Lovely !!!!!

Sure! I use JOWO nib units purchased through Meisternibs. The taps for that were purchased at silverpenparts.com. For my medium sized pens I use 14x.75mm threads on the cap and body and 10x.75 on the section to cap threads. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

chet0213

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean " ... and 10x.75 on the section to BODY ... "

What size JOWO nibs ? Probably #6.

Judging by the pictures, with a 14 mm cap to body thread, the pen body and cap must be pretty large in diameter (maybe 16.5mm ?)

Lovely !!!!!

Yes I'm sorry. Section to body. And yes most of my pens are done In a medium size with 14mm threads. I do large and extra large models which use a 15mm then down to a small and extra small with 13 and 12mm threads. Those are all using JOWO #6 nibs and with the #5 nibs the standard sizes are 12mm and 13mm depending on the section size requested.

Top Bottom