Reborn Eversharp Skyline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 18111

Hi all, I bought vintage Eversharp Skyline at flea market few weeks ago, but It broke off at the section and barrel while I was using. It has a 14k gold nib, gold filled cap and lever filler. I am environment friendly guy so I recycled some of it's parts and made a completely new pen. Lever filler is too much for me so I changed it to bulb filler. It is my first bulb filler and works very well. The Clip was already missing when I bought it so put new clip. Home cast Alumilite for the see-though barrel, finial and inside the cap. free goodie orange Acrylester from woodturningz for the section and bulb cap. I reversed the cap orientation so the 12mm threads can be used. Thank you for looking and as always c&c welcome.

Attachments

• P1030071.jpg
    P1030071.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 195
  • _MG_1727 copy.jpg
    _MG_1727 copy.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 162
  • _MG_1730 copy.jpg
    _MG_1730 copy.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 159
  • _MG_1746.jpg
    _MG_1746.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 150
  • _MG_1750.jpg
    _MG_1750.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 167
  • _MG_1742 copy.jpg
    _MG_1742 copy.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 145
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmoncur

Well done! So the entire plastic portion is new? I'd love to hear more details.

Skylines are one of my favorite pens and I have a couple of broken ones around here somewhere... This would be a fun project!

Robert111

Great job, Yoshi. What are you using for the breather tube? Did you drill out the feed like the bulb filler tutorial shows? How many squeezes does it take to fill the reservoir? How do you like the nib and did it require any work?

Well done! So the entire plastic portion is new? I'd love to hear more details.

Skylines are one of my favorite pens and I have a couple of broken ones around here somewhere... This would be a fun project!
Thank you. Yes, all plastic portion and clip are new. Red see-though Alumilite was a bit soft so it was difficult to polish. I tried to rethreads original plastic (I think it was celluloid) tube inside the cap but failed so I used my Alumilite to replaced it.

Outstanding!
Thank you.

Great job, Yoshi. What are you using for the breather tube? Did you drill out the feed like the bulb filler tutorial shows? How many squeezes does it take to fill the reservoir? How do you like the nib and did it require any work?
Thank you Robert. The breather tube was already there (see the first photo) so as the holes in the feed. So I didn't have to deal with the drilling. It takes 12-13 squeeze to fill the reservoir that hold about 3ml. I could've used larger sac to reduce the squeezing times but I wanted to reuse the original sac. The nib was pretty good originally. It only needed tine alignment.

Top Bottom