Rebar Bolt Action

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

Decided to try one of Exotic Blanks rebar blanks and do it on a bolt action. The bolt action is a gun metal finish. The kit went together well, but i would recommend painting the ends of the blank with a flat black paint after you've sanded the ends. Otherwise, you will see portions of the end of the blank as shiny steel, rather than the flat black of the blank. I decided to photograph it on a piece of rebar that I had and sprayed black because it had rusted. I hope it isn't a distraction.

The weight of the finished pen is not bad and it makes a unique gift for those in the construction industry.

C & C welcome.

Attachments

• Rebar bolt action.jpg
    Rebar bolt action.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 370
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank you for the picture, John!

I forwarded your comments to us to the artist who makes those--you made his day!!! Although this is "just a hobby" to most of our partners, it is really fun to be able to give them a little positive feedback---- I sincerely THANK YOU!!!

Ed

elkhorn

You're welcome, Ed. Your guest artist should be proud of his/her work, and both you and Dawn deserve a big thank you for your great customer service (as well as free candy).

Take care.

Top Bottom